Thank you so much for your interest in Play is Healing. We here at ABCM, MHA, and the YMCA are very excited to offer this program in 2021 to help our children (and ourselves!) come together, survive, and heal from the collective trauma of the pandemic. Check out the week 1 video filmed at the museum in the U.S.S. Efroymson ship exhibit with a nautical theme.
The recorded exercises are broken up into 1-3 minute exercises or you can watch the full 11 minute video and practice them all together! Use at your convenience and according to your schedule.
PRACTICES FOR A BODY AND BRAIN RESET:
- Watch the Full Video HERE
- Creating your mindful space with My Mindful Bubble (at 1:00)
- Washing Machine (at 1:35) for muscle relaxation & grounding
- Bubble Blowing Breath (2:00) for calm & focus
- Ocean Breath for calm, focus, & improved mood
- Boat Pose for balance, strength, & focus
- Plank Pose for strength, focus, & releasing energy in a healthy way
- Starfish Stretch for balance, focus, flexibility, coordination, & connecting both halves of brain
- The Thankful Tapping Song for practicing gratitude & connection for self and others followed by refocusing for learning after movement